AN ALBUM RANKING, or, RANKINGS NEED PURPOSE

Obviously, tier lists are becoming more and more popular as a format for sharing your favorite things and opinions thereof. Maybe a year ago there was a trend on twitter (back when I still went on that hellsite) of people using a website called topsters.org to make top 25 lists in a very pretty format. I tried my hand at this with video games, but I'm not going to post that here for the reason that I think making a top 10 or tier list isn't a good idea: recency bias. You're bound to fill the list with the top 10 or 25 or however many that you liked that you played recently, it's hard to remember the things you listened to in the past.

The game top 25 I made is accurate for the first 2 or 3, but everything else is just what I liked in that moment. Maybe a week or so ago I was talking to a good friend about favorite albums and I decided to make a similar list with the same problems. I then recalled someone using each row of 5 to list a different category of game, like childhood favorites, college favorites and so on. It inspired me to make a top 25 list not about my favorite albums but instead about the albums that had the most impact on me as a person. There are some recent ones in there naturally but also some older ones that I have super fond memories with. Here is that list:

My top 25 most impactful albums, in some sort of order
Indigo Girls No Dogs allowed In case I make it Colonel Mustard Roy and Diz Burn Pygmalion Dark side breakfast in america maggot bicycle breakaway plantasia dead mans party document maze joshua tree ugly laugh innuendo twilight transgender street legend astro lounge scratch and sniff main ingredient

This list in in some sort of order, but it's a little loose. I hope to review all 25 of these albums, some of them already have write-ups that will be edited to reference back to this post, so you can really get a grasp on what I deem important to me. Just click on the image to go to that review (assuming it's been created.) A non-link list will be provided below in order for those who have trouble loading in images

1. Self Titled, Indigo Girls
  2. No Dogs Allowed, Sidney Gish
  3. "In Case I Make It", Will Wood
  4. The Search for Colonel Mustard, Cheese on Bread
  5. Roy and Diz, Roy Elderidge and Dizzy Gilespie

6. Cosmic Thing, the B-52s
  7. Burn Pygmalion!!!, The Scare Jokes
  8. The Dark Side of The Moon, Pink Floyd
  9. Breakfast in America, Supertramp
  10. Maggot, Dazey and the Scouts

11. Bicycle, Patricia Taxxon
  12. Breakaway, Kelly Clarkson